There are many ways to help the Friendship Center and the people (and pets) we serve.
We appreciate your interest in using your time and skills to volunteer at The Friendship Center.
If you’re ready to commit to helping neighbors, please view the opportunities below and fill out this volunteer form.
Can’t make a weekly commitment but still want to help? The volunteer form includes an option to join our “on-call” list. Check that box, and you’ll receive an email when we’re looking for help with events, food and donation pick-ups, and other short-notice needs.
Due to high demand to volunteer during regular service hours and limited capacity, we may follow up with you for some of these opportunities as they become available. Please note our current needs below, and check out how to help by offering your services, whether it’s cooking, driving or another skill.
- Food pantry service: sorting, bagging, distribution, client intake
- Thursday night dinners: dinner prep, cooking, serving (pack to go meals during COVID)
- Pet food pantry distribution: sorting, distribution, client intake
- Senior deliveries: deliver packed grocery bags to clients’ homes
Offsite Events & Activities
- Pamphlet distribution
- Volunteer at community events
- Volunteer at the Greater Chicago Food Depository – earn food credits for the Friendship Center
Extra help is needed during these times:
Friday: 3:30 – 5:30 p.m.
Cleaning up and organizing
Saturday: 1 hour between 12 – 3 p.m.
Senior Delivery Driver – Must Have Own Vehicle
We love our volunteers! We want you to be safe and healthy. Volunteer groups are kept fairly small to limit social interaction, so we only schedule as many volunteers as are needed to unload, stock and pre-bag groceries. Please do not come to the Friendship Center to volunteer unless your participation has been confirmed.